What have I been doing in the meantime?
1. Finished my finals for first semester - and for the record, I got 2 Bs and 3 As. I'm freaking excited! My parents don't even know since I first saw my grades yesterday at like 11pm at a party.
2. Made tons and tons of things, kinda. Here's a TARDIS and lots and lots of Pokemon: Pikachu, Shuckle, Mew, Charmander, Squirtle, Clefable, Ponyta, Lugia, Articuno, and all four original Pokeballs. With plans of waaaay more on the way, it's just what I've done according to the colors I have, and when I had them. Lots of blues and reds and yellows, not so much greens or pinks. Hence lack of Bulbasaur. (Which is now a total of 71 different ones, so I could probably make Six's coat if I didn't mind the eystrain.)
3. Set up my Etsy store again. Only has three items right now, but this is my fave one and apparently the internets agrees. It's so lovely and I had fun putting it together and experimenting.
4. Dyed my hair red today. It was brown with reddish tint to it (not in that pic much) but it grew out like whoa, so now I'm more of a red/auburn!
Spent like four hours today doing it (and by that I mean my little eleven year old sister put gloves on and did the whole process herself which was about three hours worth of work - she did it last time too and it was fantastic, and this time she cut my split ends off for me and it looks nice)
5. Watched movies + caught up on House, Ringer, and much more QI. So for movies, I've seen Winter's Bone, which was brilliant and made me way more excited for Jennifer Lawrence in Hunger Games, and Gattaca which is now my #1 fave hardcore science fiction movie ever. I didn't expect to cry at the end so all of a sudden tears was whoa. And then I watched the extras on the DVD and the 'epilogue' that they cut out at the last second just took my breath away and sent chills down my spine at the end. I need a version where it's left in. Omg. Could probably write a whole post on how fantastic Gattaca was in every sense. It's from 1997 and I swear it was written for 2010, it's so, so relevant and I'd love to see it be in curriculum for genetics classes if it's not already.
6. Went to the most amazing Christmas party that a friend hosted. I was with old and new friends for 12 straight hours and made so many more inside jokes and moments that we'll never forget. Had tons of homemade foods and desserts, watched Muppets Christmas Carol, played a rather action-packed game of Spoons (it isn't fun until someone gets hurt) and lots of just wonderful socializing. Met my evil twin who is crazy awesome. She's an English major, we spoke with British accents for an hour or two. she looks very much like me down to the hair and glasses, ships the same alt!ships for Harry Potter fandom, and even recognized my cross-stitched TARDIS which surprised me. :D
7. Finally achieved my goal of getting one million NP on Neopets. Yeah, you heard me right. The games are addicting and free, and I have friends who've stayed on as long as I have (seven years now) so it's nice to reconnect. Totally used other computers to do it of course, for maybe an hour or two a day, but it's nice and relaxing and I've always wanted a million points in their game currency and now I have it. \o/
8. I also saw a very dear friend of mine in a great production of Shakespeare's Twelfth Night, and had about five other mutual friends come too. He was the most hilarious Malvolio ever and I had to keep covering my mouth because I couldn't keep a straight face. Every time I turned around to hide my laughter, at least one of my friends had tears running down her face or had their heads hidden. It was great. :D